Thursday, January 1, 2015

Starting Anew in 2015

Wow! More than a year since my last post - that's about to change.  Watch for my next post!

In my defense, it's been a momentous year.  My daughter and son-in-law moved in with us just before Christmas 2013.  They lived with us for 6 months while they sold one house, bought another, finished a PhD, and changed jobs.  All while also preparing to become parents.  My son and his wife also moved, twice, in January and again in August.  Also while preparing to become parents.  My other daughter got engaged.  Oh, and I had hip replacement surgery in May.  All these events caused us to paint lots of walls, move lots of boxes, make lots of baby things, and enjoy having two of our three children living in the same city as us.

October 2014 brought the birth of our first grandchildren, Evie and Tristen, 8 days apart. Needless to say, we have spent the last couple of months doting on these new family additions. My mother would have approved.
Sulli Cuzzins Reunion July 2014

Sulli Cousins: Bonnie Edwards, Nancy Walters, JoAnn Wedge,
Paula and Bob Swain in Tampa Florida
Genealogy sort of took a back seat to all these events, but there were two wonderful activities that really made this year special.  We had a Sullivan Family Reunion in Madison, Wisconsin in July and my sister and I visited some Sullivan cousins in Florida who were unable to get to the reunion.  Bonus: These cousins had my Aunt Winona's genealogy research and we were able to scan all their documents. Lots of work to be done analyzing and adding this research to our family records - a task for 2015 for sure.

And now it is 2015 and things are calmer. Genealogy is again at the top of my list.  I think my Mom would have enjoyed this last year as it was filled with family and friends.  Now it's time to document all the good things that happened and to explore more of our family.  I have a plan....

No comments:

Post a Comment